Any electrical appliance to function efficiently and effectively requires regular maintenance. Neglecting often leads to a decline in its performance. After all, you don’t want to be left to bear it through triple-digit temperatures. A simple, annual AC tune-up could help you reduce the risk of a summer breakdown and keep your energy bills in check. Patriot Home Solutions is here to guide you.
What is a Tune-Up?
During a tune-up, a HVAC professional will inspect your system, both the indoor unit and outdoor units such as the evaporator, condenser, motor, and belts to check for any loose electrical connections, dirt, and dust that may have accumulated over some time and refrigerant leaks, the drainage pipelines or broken safety features.
The air filter needs to be changed regularly to prevent dust from entering your system. They will confirm the refrigerant levels- both for overcharging and undercharging conditions of the air conditioner and that the thermostat is functioning well.
Benefits of Tune-Up
A checkup before the summer is usually a good idea to reduce stress on the cooling system. It will help catch problems such as a fault with the motor, refrigerant leaks, any damage to the evaporator or condenser. It will lessen the chances of affecting the unit, leading to replacing the system altogether.
Reduce Your Energy Bills
If your system is under strain, it leads to greater electricity consumption, which increases your energy bills. Investing in regular tune-ups can help you save yourself from running into emergency repairs.
You can always improve your system’s lifespan by proper annual maintenance. Ensuring all parts are lubricated, unit free from dirt, and working properly will help you curb that extra cost.
Air Conditioner Tune-up Includes
- Lubricating the internal parts of the outside and inside units such as evaporator and condenser.
- Lubricating all motors and bearings.
- Check if the refrigerant level is adequate. More refrigerant level leads to overcharged units.
- Replacing the air filter often, once in 2-3 months.
- Checking and ensuring proper calibration of the thermostat.
- Cleaning the condenser coils and evaporator.
- Cleaning the blower. Adjusting it well.
- Checking all electrical connections and controls.
- Cleaning the condensate drain.
- Checking amperage and voltage draw of the blower motor, compressor, and condenser fan.
- Testing the cooling system and capacitors.
When is the Best Time For AC Tune-Up?
You can always schedule your annual tune-up, but spring is the best time for it, typically between March and May. The idea is to clean and fix your AC before the hot summer sets in.
Patriot Home Solution is known to provide affordable inspections and services for any budget. We prefer quality over quantity. Our services include HVAC installations, ductless installation, AC maintenance, AC repair in Corsicana, Ennis, TX, and surrounding areas. Contact us today for HVAC services. Schedule an appointment online or call us at (903) 229-3702.