When the summer arrives, your home relies on a properly installed air conditioning unit to maintain a suitable indoor temperature. However, AC installation in Corsicana is a challenging job. Poor air conditioning installation may result in long-term issues such as insufficient temperature control or skyrocketing energy bills. When installing a new AC system in your home, you should always follow certain essential factors before beginning the installation.
Here Are Some Primary Criteria For AC Unit Installation in Your Home:
Split AC Installation Criteria For Indoor Unit
- Before installing the Split AC, ensure the wall is strong enough to support the indoor unit of the air conditioner. It should be able to withstand the vibration of the system. It is preferable not to install AC on water-damaged or cracked walls.
- Place the indoor AC unit at a suitable height so that it does not obstruct the path. It should be located at least 8-10 feet above the ground yet easily accessible for cleaning and maintenance.
- A minimum of 15 centimetres of space should be left around the top and sides of the unit to allow for optimal airflow. Inhibiting airflow may make it more difficult to release heat. That will raise the operating costs of your air conditioner.
Split AC Installation Criteria For Outdoor Unit:
- To maximise your air conditioning unit’s cooling capacity, you must keep the appropriate spacing between the indoor and outdoor units. The ideal spacing between outdoor and indoor units is around 15 metres.
- Place the outdoor unit in an open area with enough space where air can freely flow over the compressor and condenser.
- The outdoor unit of your split air conditioner should not be directly exposed to the sun.
- It is also essential to place the outdoor unit in a flat area. The outdoor unit comprises your air conditioner’s vital parts, including the compressor and condenser. If the surface is not flat, excessive and continuous vibration can cause compressor and condenser damage.
Window AC Installation Criteria For Your Home:
- The window where you want to install your air conditioner must have a 30-inch beam from the ground.
- Make sure that your window is durable and strong. It must be strong enough to sustain the weight of the air conditioner.
- If you find that the framework of your window is unsteady, rot, or damaged, it is best to address this issue first.
- Make sure the condensate flows smoothly to the drainpipe, or you may have corrosion problems after a few years.
- Avoid allowing direct sunlight to fall on the condenser since it will reduce condenser efficiency and cause inadequate cooling during peak summer. It is preferable to place a screen on top of the window AC.
A poor installation may end up costing you more in the long run. As a result, when it comes to air conditioning replacement in Corsicana, you should hire a Patriot Home Solutions HVAC technician that understands how to avoid such costly mistakes.